The fillet is the finest piece of the deer. It is a very tender, healthy and sustainable cut that is best cooked in a simple manner to really bring out the strong wilderness taste.
Wild deer has a slightly milder wild taste compared to e.g. moose or wild boar. It is however, equally tender and healthy.
Pair it with a well-balanced wine to maximise the culinary experience.
Tender and healthy
- All our meat is hung for 4-7 days to add extra tenderness and taste
- Wild deer meat is very lean and low in cholesterol
- Obviously no preservatives or antibiotics have EVER been near this meat
- No water waste whatsoever
- No animal transports
- Hunting in the Nordics is highly regulated and deer numbers are constantly increasing
- This deer came from the deep mixed pine/leaf tree forests around Lindesberg in central Sweden
Pair with a well-balanced wine
Wild fallow deer meat is rich and full of flavour. Pair it therefore with a fuller wine with strong flavour such as a Zinfandel, Sangiovese, Syrah, Cabernet, Beaujolais Crus, even a fuller bodied Pinot Noir
Shipping is free over €100
We ship with couriers like DHL and FedEx. For Northern Europe, the shipping time is 12-24 hours from the time your package leaves our facilities. For Southern Europe it's usually 18-48 hours.
We ship products on Mondays and Wednesdays, so depending on where you live you will receive your package either on Tuesday or Thursday, and in some rare instances for remote addresses, on Friday. The courier will inform you of your exact delivery date and time.
We only ship on Mondays and Wednesdays to avoid that the package for some reason gets stuck in the courier's warehouse over the weekend.
To cover some of our shipping and packaging costs, we use the following shipping rates:
- Orders up to €50: €19.90 in shipping
- Orders €50 - €100: €9.90 in shipping
- Orders above €100: Free shipping