The steak is a classic cut often best prepared in a simple way in the oven much like a traditional roast. Our steaks are exclusively from the inner part of the thigh, ie the finest part of the animal the is used for steak. The steaks are around 1 kg and are perfect as main dish for a wonderful wild game dinner.
These cuts are from reindeer calves and are thus extra tender.
The reindeer that the meat comes from roamed the mountains and forests around Arvidsjaur in Sweden's Wild North.
Pair it with a rich wine to maximise the culinary experience.
Tender meat with a delicate wild flavour
- All our meat is hung for 4-7 days to add extra tenderness and taste
- Wild game meat has a distinct wild taste that comes from a natural life in the animal's natural habitat
- Out of wild game meat, reindeer is often considered "the finest of them all" thanks to it's tremendous tenderness and delicate taste
- Reindeer feed exclusively on fresh plants and are thus very rich in nutrients
- Obviously no preservatives, antibiotics or preservatives have EVER been near this meat
- Reindeer is very lean and low in cholesterol
- Unlike domesticated cattle, there is no water waste when "producing" wild game meat. There are also no unnatural emissions of methane gas affecting global warming that you would get from e.g. cows
- No farm land was needed to produce food for the animals. All animals have roamed free in the wilderness and grazed on what they themselves chose in their natural habitat
- The animals have never seen an animal transport or a slaughter house
- There are around 260,000 reindeer roaming the North of Sweden. This number is kept stable by traditional reindeer herding by the Sami people in a similar fashion as they have done for hundreds of years
- Traditional reindeer herding is often an important source of income for the local Sami communities and an equally important part of preserving their heritage and way of life
Cook simple to maximise taste
- Set the oven to 125ºC
- Trim the meat from fat, ie remove the fat and silver skin. Rub the meat with salt and pepper
- Sear the meat in butter on high temperature in a pan to create a nice crispy surface
- Insert a cooking thermometer into the center of the meat
- Insert the full cut into the oven. Take it out when the inner temperature reaches 55-60ºC
- Let the meat rest for 10 minutes
Pair with a rich wine
- Reindeer meat is rich and full of flavour. Pair it therefore with a rich wine with strong flavour such as a Cabernet Sauvignon, Amarone, Sangiovese or Malbec
Shipping is free over €100
We ship with couriers like DHL and FedEx. For Northern Europe, the shipping time is 12-24 hours from the time your package leaves our facilities. For Southern Europe it's usually 18-48 hours.
We ship products on Mondays and Wednesdays, so depending on where you live you will receive your package either on Tuesday or Thursday, and in some rare instances for remote addresses, on Friday. The courier will inform you of your exact delivery date and time.
We only ship on Mondays and Wednesdays to avoid that the package for some reason gets stuck in the courier's warehouse over the weekend.
To cover some of our shipping and packaging costs, we use the following shipping rates:
- Orders up to €50: €19.90 in shipping
- Orders €50 - €100: €9.90 in shipping
- Orders above €100: Free shipping