The fillet is the finest piece of the wild boar. It is a very tender, healthy and sustainable cut that is best cooked in a simple manner to really bring out the strong wilderness taste.
Wild boar is an excellent alternative to beef and pork for anyone who want food that is good for them without sacrificing taste and quality.
Pair it with a fuller wine to maximise the culinary experience.
Straight from the Swedish forests
- This wild boar was brought down in the mixed pine/leaf tree forests around Lindesberg in central Sweden and then transported straight to our nearby certified wild game facilities
- The animal was hung at same facilities for 4-7 days. We then cut and vacuum packed the meat at the same place. We froze the meat to best preserve it
Tender meat with a distinct wild flavour
- All our meat is hung for 4-7 days to add extra tenderness and taste
- Wild game meat has a distinct wild taste that comes from a natural life in the animal's natural habitat
- Wild boar is, unlike its domesticated cousin, very lean and low in cholesterol
- Wild boar, as the omnivore it is, feds off a mixed diet of roots, nuts, plants, and even worms that it finds in the wild and its meat is thus very rich in nutrients
- The meat is 100% free from antibiotics and growth hormones
- Our wild boar meat is inspected by a certified veterinarian to make sure it's free from any parasites (e.g. trichinae) and/or diseases (e.g. African swine fever)
- Unlike domesticated cattle, there is no water waste when "producing" wild game meat. There are also no unnatural emissions of methane gas affecting global warming that you would get from e.g. cows
- No farm land was needed to produce food for the animals. All animals have roamed free in the wilderness and grazed on what they themselves chose in their natural habitat
- The animals have never seen an animal transport or a slaughter house
- Hunting in the Nordics is highly regulated and wild boar numbers are actually increasing with 20% each year
Pair with a rich, full wine
- Wild boar meat is rich and full of flavour. Pair it therefore with a fuller wine with strong flavour such as a Zinfandel, Sangiovese, Syrah, Cabernet, Beaujolais Crus or even a fuller bodied Pinot Noir
Shipping is free over €100
We ship with couriers like DHL and FedEx. For Northern Europe, the shipping time is 12-24 hours from the time your package leaves our facilities. For Southern Europe it's usually 18-48 hours.
We ship products on Mondays and Wednesdays, so depending on where you live you will receive your package either on Tuesday or Thursday, and in some rare instances for remote addresses, on Friday. The courier will inform you of your exact delivery date and time.
We only ship on Mondays and Wednesdays to avoid that the package for some reason gets stuck in the courier's warehouse over the weekend.
To cover some of our shipping and packaging costs, we use the following shipping rates:
- Orders up to €50: €19.90 in shipping
- Orders €50 - €100: €9.90 in shipping
- Orders above €100: Free shipping