Game meat in the oven or on the grill
Time: 45-60 min
Major game details of moose steak is perfect as a main course for a family dinner or dinner with friends when you want to serve something special. It can be easily cooked in the oven or on the grill for fantastic results. As always, let the tenderness and flavour of the meat take centre stage. Usually, the meat is fried first and then cooked in the oven. We have chosen to do the opposite because we believe that the flavour of the meat is better if it is cooked last.
- Larger fillet, outer fillet or roast of game (moose, deer, wild boar)
- Salt and pepper
- Put the oven at 125ºC
- Trim the meat, i.e. remove the fat and all the skin
- Grub the meat with salt and pepper
Insert a cooking thermometer to the centre of the meat
- Put the whole piece of meat in the oven. Take it out again when the internal temperature reaches 53ºC
- Fry the meat in butter on high heat in a pan to get a nice crispy surface (30-60 sec per side). The internal temperature should have increased to 56ºC when done
- Serve immediately
For the grill, follow the instructions below but place on the grill (hot part) instead of in the pan. If you don't want to use the oven, you can use indirect heat (under a lid) on the grill instead.
Serve with good accessories such as salad, potatoes, asparagus and/or root vegetables in the oven. A good game sauce or game butter further enhances the flavour experience. Here you can find recipes for game butter.
Here you can find nice details:
Buy moose fillet
Buy moose back steak (outer fillet)
Buy moose entrecote
Buy moose steak (inner thigh)
Buy renstek (inner thigh)